It pours. Oh yes, it pours. Heh heh. But, as with many people I'm sure, I love it.
I'm working 10+ hours a day doing my regular work and transition to our new service delivery model. I seem to be doing a lot of the work on this because luckily enough my three new teams are all heavily dependant on the new technology that we're introducing. Cool.
I'm playing hockey two nights a week now. Tuesday is practice and Sat or Sun is game night. Full contact, which I believe I mentioned before. God I love it! What a way to vent frustration. I have delivered a number of hits in my first two games and also have two assists, one per game. Sweet.
I've started Accounting and Finance for my Masters and I'm scared to death of it. All that math. I calculated (using the full range of my skill) that I haven't done anything even remotely math associated since grade 11 which was officially 16 years ago. Ouch. It's gonna be a fun few months!
We've continued our dance lessons. It's awesome, but it's also time consuming. Tomorrow we're going to be assessed for advancement to the "bronze" group. Apparently being in "bronze" makes one a higher class of dancing fool. heh heh.
I'm still struggling to learn the guitar. I know the chords, I can play them all nicely...one at a time and slowly. Start to try putting a strum together and I lose all manual dexterity and I believe I even start to drool some.
I have oil paints now too, which I am longing to use. Darn it all if I haven't yet found the time to do so!! My plan is to start painting within the next couple months so I can have something to do in the late evening before bed. I think I should be able to fit it in there.
Last, we're house hunting. It's a chore and most of the places we look at at dumps but still miraculously cost over $500,000. What the?! Ah well, the fun part for us is still checking out other people's stuff in their houses....hee hee.... for instance the people who clearly had the fear of "God" drilled into them as they had crosses, paintings, wall hangings and religious ornaments everywhere. No really, everywhere. Even a little Jesus on the cross on top of the toilet. I wonder if he notices the smells??
All in all I've been in high spirits lately. I'm reading "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins and he is examining immortality in the context of the novel. Makes for good ponderings. What would I do if I lived forever....? Brilliant!
No comments:
Post a Comment