Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wedding and where to begin?!

Where to start? On March 15ht this year I got married. It was awesome! My family came out from Canada, along with friends from Canada, England, and all over Australia. The ceremony was at a beautiful 1930's blue stone artists commune which featured a magical great hall with stained glass windows. Our celebrant was great, she really made the whole thing fun, which is exactly what we wanted. The reception was at another 1930's art deco dance hall. We had a jazz band and lots of food and booze. Suffice to say it was a great day!!

Before the wedding we had a rehearsal dinner where our parents met for the first time. That was funny. My folks are quite unique, as are most parents I suppose. I think they all got along and had fun though, which was what we were after.

After the wedding we had a brunch the next day, which was just another excuse to have everyone together. We WAY over catered, but it didn't matter cause we handed the food out to the travellers and took some with us down the Great Ocean Road.

My immediate family, my wife and I went to Lorne and stayed for four nights and five days. Such a neat place! It reminded me of what the town I grew up in would be like if it was by the sea. There was a big balcony and when we arrived the resident Kookaburra's came and sat on the railing and pined for some handouts. We didn't give them any but it was pretty obvious that previous people who stayed there had. After a nice week away we came back home and the following Tuesday went back to work.

Work's been good. With all the public holidays recently it's like being part time! I think that when I get older I'd like to work Tues, Weds, Thurs each week and have a four day weekend every weekend. That'd be sweet!

Watched South Park last night (we finally got our aeriel working so we get all six channels now) and it was priceless!! They were making fun of online gaming and it reminded me of one of my good university friends (and me truth be told, one summer I obsessed over Meridian 59). Some of their shows are too far off colour to be funny, but last night was great.

I might be playing hockey in the B division this winter. Full contact for the first time since I was 15...could be interesting! Also trying to get up to 10kms in 45mins. Nice goal, we'll see if I can be bothered to get there.

I'll try and be a bit more regular on this now that things have settled down again for me.

No comments: