Wow, where does the time go? I've got a new role now, working for a new client. Meant I got a hefty raise though, so that was cool. I'm a fledgling member of the 100k club now, which is more than I ever imagined I could make. I can't remember where I heard it, but I agree with the line, "I feel like one day they're going to realize I'm a fraud and laugh me out of here....". I reckon I can hold em off till I retire though.
I was in New Zealand for a few days recently with work (I'm travelling more and more now, with a trip to Sydney coming up) and it was extremely interesting! A whole group of hard core consultant types were crafting a solution for a new tender and man the way they work was cool. Way too much work mind you, but still cool. I don't think the amount of travel they do would be worth it, but I could see how it'd be fun for a bit.
Hockey is on again now and we won the other night 7-6. I got two assists so have kept the points streak alive! hee hee.
Wedding planning is going brilliantly and we managed to finally secure some accomodation for visitors. We found out late in the game that our prefered date was right at the start of both the Grand Prix and the World Swimming Championships which meant that everyone was booked out and doubling/tripling their rates. What the!? Anyway, we snagged some cool places after a fashion and can now relax. Invites are being made (by us) the next couple weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment