We lost on Tuesday and we lost last night in the two lead up games to the finals. I think on the whole we played really well, just didn't get the chances last night. I ended up with 21pts in 9 games. I reckon that's pretty darn good for a small town kid. Summer league starts soon, but the good bunch of guys I've been playing with aren't all going to be there so it'll be a bit of change.
I've been listening to the Grateful Dead a lot lately and one song in particular is sticking in my head. It's Friend of the Devil, "Didn't get to sleep that night, till morning came around...a friend of devil is a friend of mine...if I get home before daylight, just might get some sleep...tonight". Such a good tune. The fact that the mandolin permeates the chorus is one aspect I really like, the other is the matter of fact way in which he's singing about being chased by the law. The other one I was previously obessessed with is Casey Jones. "Driving that train....high on cocaine....Casey Jones you better, watch your speed."
Another recent observation is that people seem to create their own reality inside their heads. Situations, events, and etc are all played out in people's heads in entirely unique and often bizarre ways. I would see one thing and experience something a certain way, perhaps positively, while another person would see it completely opposite and wholly negative. Interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment