Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hockey Fever and Christmas is coming already!

I've got hockey fever...well, I think I've had it for a very long time, but it's getting worse. I scored three goals and got 2 assists in a 7-2 win, then the next game they all looked to me to score when we were still at 0-0 in the third period. Luckily I did manage to score and in the end we won 2-0. Being in a position where people expect me score is VERY new. I was always the goon and now I'm a goal scorer. My how life twists and turns!

Christmas is only 25 days away!! Cool. I love Christmas. I would dearly love to be in Canada for it though, with all my family and a heap of snow. There are things that I miss a lot around this time of year: My Dad's Christmas dinner (his stuffing rules!!); drinking copious amounts of booze with the whole family (my sister and I once drank a whole bottle of sherry in a couple days...yum!); playing Stock Ticker (whilst mostly drunk...shh they don't know...); those late Christmas night turkey and stuffing sandwiches that always made me realize just how fat I could really be if Christmas was more than once a year; and just hanging relaxed with my family. It was always just us at Christmas and I miss that. I liked being able to deflect Mum's barbs once she's been on the sauce too long. Anyway, I know one family member reads this and so suffice to say, I miss you.

2 comments:

kaiela said...

I'll mail you some snow.

I've been telling Dad I'm sending him a Jack Russell for Christmas. Mail him in a box with holes.

(we miss you too)

Howlin Mad Murdoch said...

Ahhh Dad and a Jack Russell. Dangerous combo! Who would bark more? heh heh