So I pulled my abductor in game one, then didn't let it heal and pulled it again in game two. Ouch. Lovely big black bruise, though, covering my entire inside right thigh. I decided that I needed to take something to aid in the recovery so I went to a nutrition and supplements shop downtown. The guy I spoke to was a doctor of acupuncture amongst a bunch of other things. He "prescribed" a strong natural anti-inflammatory, vitamin C and fish oil. He told me to triple the dose of everything on the packages. I must have given him a startled look as he then asked me point blank how quickly I wanted to recover. I told him in less than two weeks and so he nodded and said triple the dose. I got him to write it all down (my memory being a trifle poor on directions), paid and went back to work.
Well, let me tell ya, tripling the dose was MAGIC. I now have no pain in my leg, hip, groin or anywhere else that may or may not have had issues prior to the triple dosing. I've reduced (yes as per his instructions) to a double dose now. It really was startling how quickly the body can heal when you pump in the right, and I stress this point, all natural ingredients. Other times I've hurt myself and taken pain killers and what not and it hasn't worked nearly as well. In four days I went from serious pain, swelling and discomfort to pain free, the bruise is gone too.
Needless to say I'm convinced of the power of natural healing now. I'll still take aspirin and tylenol cold, but only natural meds for muscles issues!
3 comments:
fish oil???? are you sure it's not snake oil???? hee hee
And that doesn't sound real vegan, either... unless it's a tofish
No, not vegan at all...but I have them on advice of a naturopath, so it's all kosher....hee hee
Post a Comment