Christmas was great! I enjoyed my time with the soon to be inlaws in Canberra. They're unique people, but they genuinely care about one another so their get togethers are nice. I got to speak to my family on the day, and they all seemed to be having a good time too, which is cool. I miss them at this time of the year more than any other time. We used to have fun Christmas' when we were kids, and I miss that.
When I turned 25 I began striving towards a goal. I've always emulated Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Lee. A couple of odd bedfellows by no uncertain measure. Arnold in his day was huge, ripped and perfect. Bruce was lithe, graceful, quick and ripped. I began my quest by doing a detox, eliminating foods that are unhealthy, pointless, and counter productive. Then I let it all slide again for two years or so.... Three years ago I started the quest again, reaching a plateau around 180lbs, or roughly 80kg. It ticked me off. So I did another detox, this time a longer one and dropped down to about 170lbs or 77kg. A year later I did the same detox, and dropped to my best weight in years of 162.8lbs or 74kg. Little by little I've stripped off the weight and with it, the foods that caused me grief through the ages 14-25.
Out are:
Chips, pop, chocolate, misc candy, all fast foods, caffeine, sugar (for the most part), processed carbs like white bread, white rice etc.
In are:
Up to 1.5lt of water a day (took me for friggin ever to get up to that without feeling bloated) which seems to be (as the experts said) brilliant for me, three small, veggie loaded meals a day, and a constant energy level throughout the day, every day.
"So what", you say. Well, the next five year plan is one year in, and I'm already close to my goal. The next five years are going to be maintenance of the healthy eating, lots of cardio, and a transition from the heavy weight lifting routine I've emulated from Arnold for 5 years, to the endurance based, cardio rich and high rep routine advocated by Bruce Lee. I'll get back to you in four years with the results....
No comments:
Post a Comment