Friday, April 19, 2013
Awareness is the first step
So two and a half years ago I met a cool guy who runs a fitness and personal training company. He is the sort of dude I'd go so far as to call inspirational. We had an excellent chat about life, fitness and careers. I take it he liked me cause he registered me for free for his Certificate III and IV in personal training and fitness. I dabbled for a few weeks but it was all too hard at the time.
Fast forward (or slow forward cause it's been a long couple years) and I'm now doing the courses. The outline says it takes two months, but I reckon I can knock it off faster than that. I'm pumped. No pun intended. Not cause I expect to make a career out of personal training but because he told me to contact him once I had completed the two quals and we could chat about his business and what it might mean to work for him.
I realize I'm a bit of a goldfish in the working for a living department, but the thought of doing something in the fitness industry full time excites me the way very little else ever has. Perhaps it's cause I see the regimented discipline of fitness as akin to the army, which for those following along at home know, is something I often contemplate in the "what might have been" reflection.
Anyway, it's been ages since the last post, but I think now is the time to get back into this thing again.
Some stats/goals (cause I need to track these out loud to make them seem real):
Body weight - 75kgs (165lbs) goal = 70kgs
Body fat - 12.7% - goal =8%
Max deadlift - 130kgs (286lbs) goal = 200kgs (440lbs)
Max squat - 150kgs (330lbs) goal = 200kgs (440kgs)
Max bench - 75kgs (165lbs) goal = 100kgs (220lbs)
"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are" Bruce Lee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment