As of 2 Dec I left my terrible job and moved into a new role at a smaller company. I didn't realise how much the old job was getting to me until I started to wind down during the first two easy weeks in the new gig and before my three weeks off to have Christmas with the family. I found I suddenly was happy to get up in the mornings again, that I had energy in the evenings and didn't dread the red light on my blackberry anymore. So far I've had about three e-mails after 5pm and none of them have asked for any work to be done. This is a much better environment for me and I think I'll like it a lot.
had a great three weeks off over Christmas too and managed to eat too much and drink too much as usual. Still, now that I'm back on the healthy eating and no drinking I have felt immediately better. Not sure if I'll actually bother with drinking much anymore as the thrill is gone. Must have been the nine months I had without a drink leading up to Christmas.
Life's good. I'm content in my job, family is all healthy and so I can happily cruise for a while. Score!
No comments:
Post a Comment