So after three awesome weeks off I'm back at work. My previous post sort of summed up how I've been feeling lately. A touch detached from any desire to push hard at work and achieve anything. Not sure if that will have long term ramifications, but guess I'll just have to wait and see.
I looked in the mirror the other day and was a bit astonished at how tired and old I seemed to be looking. Perhaps it's due to the lack of any real attention I've been paying to my face lately, but man I have grey nose hairs, bags under my eyes and as I as unshaven I looked a bit bedraggled. In an effort to clean myself up I'm going to get a haircut this week and I've been shaving every day to make myself feel a bit younger. It's not that I'm old...far from it really by modern standards...it's just that feeling of being old. The new grads started here on monday and some of them looked like they were 12!
One of the joys in my life at the moment is when my daughter, sitting on the floor, looks up at me and raises her arms up in her still non-verbal way of asking me pick her up. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment