The other day someone asked me what I'd do if I wasn't married and in Australia and without even the slightest hesitation I said, "I'd live in a cabin in the woods by Golden and work on the ski hill there". Funny that it came to me so suddenly as the ideal working/living environment. A long time ago I made a decision not to join the army and since then I've been doing a lot of things in a lot of different places but nothing has ever felt right. I do what I think I should, when I think I should do it and with as much intensity and gusto as I can muster. People tell me I'm driven, capable and my boss told me the other day that I could be a managing director in a few years. Do I want that?
I've had a couple of good conversations with my sister about choices. We make choices all our lives, some of which are good, some are bad. I don't so much regret things as wonder what it might have all been like had I acted, said, or done something differently at certain times in my life. What if I had not been such a cowards in the first year at Maple Ridge and had worked out hard instead of eating everything in sight. That's one of the choices that I sometimes ponder.
Anyway, it is what it is and I'm content for the moment. Who knows what choices will come up in the near future. Do I have the courage now to make the choice that's right for me...?
We lost our game last night and so we're out of the playoffs, season over. I ended up with 16 goals, 7 assists and 6 penalties. 8th overall in the division scoring. Must admit I'm pretty happy with that!
Work is busy to the point of obsession right now with the three big projects all coming to a head. I still don't believe that outsourcing will save anyone money in the long run, but perhaps that can be a PhD paper...heh heh.
2 comments:
Mom and I have had those sorts of conversations also. I daresay I enjoy thinking of it, what could have happened?
Post a Comment