Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The race is over...

Well, the race for top points spot in the NHL is over now that Crosby is injured for 6-8weeks. Sad. I was really enjoying watching the new top gun work his way to the top of the points ladder. I suppose there's always next year...

As for me, I have 13 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. Pretty decent average. I really am enjoying the free flow of the non-contact hockey again, but I'm also excited to get back to full contact in the "winter".

Recently I joined a gym again after a few year lay-off. It feels wonderful to be back lifting weights. That feeling of sore muscles the day after a good workout is great. You can feel the muscles move when you move, feel them flex under the skin and start to notice again how much tighter the stomach is after a ton of crunches. I joined primarily to try and shed some bodyfat as even though I'm only 165lbs I have 22% bodyfat. Ideally I want to get to 10%, but that may be a bit hard as my diet isn't pure enough. Still, it's worth a shot and so I'm gonna go for it!

Work sucks right now. The new model is a mess and the recruitment team is totally screwed. Sad thing is it isn't my team so I can't step in and fix it. I'm actively in the market now to try and get out. Hopefully something will come along soon.

One year anniversary is coming up in March. Hard to believe it was a year ago that my family was out here. I miss em.

No comments: