Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oilers lost...

Wow, almost a month since the last post. I've been having issues getting time to write. I never feel comfortable writing in this when there are other people around. Weird I guess.

The Oilers made a valiant push for the cup and came back from 3-1 down in the finals series to force a game 7. Then they were beaten. I don't say they lost as they didn't give it away, it was taken away by a better team. Sad, and hopefully not 16 years till they make it there again!

Two weekends ago I ran my first 10km race. I did the whole thing without walking, in under 60 minutes (which was my goal). My final time was 59.20.45. Heh heh, still under 60!!

Been a bit sluggish lately, think I may be eating a bit too many little candies at work. Even though I try and not eat them they're everywhere and it's hard to resist some of the more yummy ones. Anyway, I make up for it with running. Still, annoys me how easily I fall into bad habits and patterns.

We got to the negotiation round of the tender process, so only a matter of time now before we hear whether we got the next five year contract or not. I'd love to get it, but sometimes I think it'd be fun to sell up again, rent somewhere for a year and just chill out. Course, then I'd have to get another job anyway, so it sort of takes the thrill out of the idea. heheheh.

Off to breakfast with some friends on Saturday. I'm looking forward to bacon and eggs and a cappucino. I'm still on the decaf after many months, and not regretting it at all. Still have the balanced energy I felt when I stopped having caffeine. If only I could quit candy for good...hmmm.....

No comments: