Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Mighty Oilers


For the first time in 16 years the Mighty Oilers have made the Stanley Cup Finals!!! It's interesting to note that the statement "I've waited half my life for this" is true. I'm turning 32 this August and the Oilers last won the cup when I was 16, in 1992. Wild. I'm really excited for the team, they're all young, barely any of them have even made it to the Finals let alone with a chance to win. Anyway, whether they win or lose they've done better than any eighth placed team in playoff history so they've already won in my mind. [Cool, first image I've added....]

Haven't run this week as I've got a nice cold. Runny nose, sore throat, bit of a cough. Speaking of which I turned and coughed AT someone on the train that was staring at me. He stopped staring after that. I think my brother's motto is often very true, "People suck".

On the work front I've been grappling with my client to recognize that they have a bullying and harassment issue in their workplace. One of the issues facing them is that their staff don't trust them because they are perceived to be "in league" with the managers who are doing the bullying. Fun times. It's going to be an interesting fight to try and win....

No comments: