Vulcan on the brain still and then I heard that song and BAM I was back in the Pop Shop circa 1986 listening to that song over and over again as I hustled my friends at the giant snooker tables in there. Wayne and Rosie were lovely people and always let us pretty much do what we wanted cause we spent so much money there. The store was a long, thin rectangle with a low roof. The front door was on the left hand side of the big window that looked all the way down the store. To your right when you walked in was a long line of low shelves, under the window, always amply stocked with chips of all sorts. At the end of the low shelves against the side wall were the pop fridges. If you turned and faced into the store you had magazine racks, a space to stand and look at them, and then video games (the cool old standup ones) three deep from the left hand wall to the walkway that led you past the counter and towards the snooker tables. I recall there being four tables but can't recall them all ever being used at the same time. We always used table one so we could banter with Wayne and Rosie in between games. Oh and there was also a foosball table which we only sporadically played.
We had so many good times in there, wiling away the hours and playing pool and video games. I ate a lot of bags of chips in there too. My favorites were mexican chili, dill pickle and bbq. Ah good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment