Tuesday, June 14, 2011

And the months flow by...

Long time since posts...but as the caption says, the months are just flowing by. Just emerging from busy season at work. My pattern has been work hard all day, head home so I can be there by 5 or 6 depending on the day, spend time with the family then log on and do a couple hours more work in the evenings. Every day but Sat I am logged on at night. Until this week...but then here I am in Sydney again for an overnighter. Ah well. Maybe the review we just went through will make it all worthwhile from a dollars and cents perspective.

Have remained off booze and sugar and so the weight has stayed off. Feeling pretty good about things at the moment. Wish I would make the effort to work out a bit, but if the weight stays off I'm generally content.

Struck by the mundanity of modern life again today as we sat on the runway in Sydney unable to "park" cause they didn't have any open gangways. Funny that I just shrugged and kept on reading my book whereas the man next to me was going purple with rage at the inhumanity of having to wait 45mins to get off the plane. Maybe I have grown up some of late. Maybe having a child has taught me that the little things really don't matter at all. I like the line from "Hamburger Hill" as a metaphor for most of life, "Don't mean nothin', not a thing!".

1 comment:

kaiela said...

:) 45 minutes to read a book in peace? bonus...