Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The difinitive novel of the 21st century

Yes. That's correct. THE definitive novel of the 21st century. It's in my head...it's trying to get out...but it's surrounded by a thousand fantasy story plots that whirl and swoop and carreen around in my head trying to get onto the page. I have a million excuses not to write on a daily basis. Part of me is still in withdrawal from the University peer editing process where only the pretensious garbage was viewed as any good. Part of me is afraid I'll revert to the obsessive writing style I had at University and lock myself away for days until the projects are done. I once are crackers and coffee for three days whilst holed up in my tiny res room doing a story. I was happy with it in the end. Tired, smelly, kind of gross cause my teeth hadn't been cleaned in days, but happy nevertheless. I struggle with the turning the creative process on and off. When it's on, I need to capitalise cause if I pause and then come back there is a noticible change in tone to the work.

Anyway, the real reason for this post is that I have been musing on a story idea for a LONG time now and I think that I finally figured out a way to make it unique in the fantasy world. I'm excited, a bit trepidatious, but also on the verge of giving it a go. Yikes! Like I need something else to occupy time at this point in my life....

No comments: