It really is all happening! We are getting a major renovation done to our house and it's very exciting. I'm trying my best not to loiter around and watch as the workmen do their thing. I think I have a bit of tradesman voureurism in me. heh heh
Also, we're expecting our first child, which is hugely exciting!
Last but not least, I got a new job as an HR Business partner, which is awesome cause it means I don't have to deal with payroll anymore. One more week of handover and I'm completely free. Fantastic!
Hockey's going well too. We've won our first five games in a row with decent margins, which is always good. I have three goals, three assists and three penalties in 5 games. Not too bad.
Otherwise life ticks on as usual. I find it interesting these days to note how different people react to different situations. For instance, one of my former staffers has had a serious crisis of faith around his job and so has gotten a new job and is leaving. The only thing I could think of when he told me was, "Good, you haven't done your job for a few months now anyway." Which isn't what I said, but was what I wanted to say. A few months ago we had a hard conversation and I laid it on the line for him. Pick it up or pack it out essentially. He decided to pack it out. Ah well. No skin off my nose cause he wasn't contributing in any sense anyway! Funny really.
No comments:
Post a Comment