Monday, October 15, 2007

Hockey, surfing and working

We lost the two games leading into the final series. Sigh. We did pretty well during the year but just couldn't put the puck in the net when it really counted. Back to the old litany, "Maybe next year". I'm in a summer season team now, back to non-contact. I scored a goal in the first game and felt really good. Should be a fun summer!

Surfing was excellent!! The instructor told me at the end of the third lesson not to worry about taking any more lessons, that I was ready to just go out and surf. Sweet. I don't know how much I will surf, but it's nice to know if we go on a trip that I could rent for a few hours and have some fun.

Work has been getting on my nerves lately. All the client seems to want to do is whine and complain and our internal teams are falling apart. My three teams are all doing fine, but the other three teams are really doing badly. That contributes to the whining of the client. Fun times. Anyway, I'm looking for a new job now. Not hard, but I've let my recruiting contacts know I'm in the market again. Ideally I'd like to get a Director/Senior Manager role in a small to medium sized business. Time will tell....

We're still house hunting too. The two we've been to auction for recently have both sold for $120,000 more than the top of the listing range. Very depressing. Ah well, whaddaya gonna do?

No comments: